Overview of the identification process
- Classification in taxa, unitary taxonomic units.
- Species rank is the rank of interest.
- Species definition is now more oriented by phylogeny.
- Global DNA hybridization : Gold Standard
- Species members are sharing a common ancestor.
- Now uses SSU rDNA (16S) similitude and multi locus phylogeny.
- Universal denomination of a taxonomic unit.
- Enable comparison and information sharing.
- To include an isolate into a known taxonomic unit.
- Sharing a certain level of similitude.
- Under the same node in phylogeny.
- Databases must contain enough information.
Prokaryotes Identification Web Tools